Friday, February 1, 2008

Jesus!

Literally.


Someone made a myspace page for Jesus. He is number one on Dryden's page~ and it made me wonder...surely all of those people who have Jesus as their friend on myspace have him as THEIR number one too, eh? (or should I say, 'have Him as their number one friend' ?)

I mean, if they accept Jesus as their myspace friend and DON'T have him as their number one, what does that say about where Jesus stands on their priority list? I'm not a Christian, but I would assume, from what I understand, that Jesus is supposed to be a Christian's number One in life and I figure that it would apply to myspace too.

Why would one seek him out on myspace, or just throw him into their social network if they weren't 100% committed to making him a priority?

You know, since some people on here take to heart so seriously how they are ranked on their friends' Top Myspace friends priority lists...I got booted off of Jill's myspace for not prioritizing her enough on my fucking myspace Top Friends...and I can't possibly imagine what JESUS would say should he go to one of his gazillion friends' pages and realize that they only have him ranked at number 5 or 8 or 10...or even worse, not even ranked at all?

What if he should go to any one of his friend's pages and discover that he isn't included on their Blog priority list, making him unable to have access to all of that friend's private matters?

What would he say? Or better yet, what exactly WOULD Jesus do?

:)

I also wonder if any of these people actually realize that by allowing Jesus to see their otherwise "Set to Private" profiles, they are allowing him into their little Cyber world of myspace shannanigans?

Or perhaps they keep their profiles tame and diluted of what their recreational activities and lifestyles REALLY consist of, so that they may maintain a particular image of what they only wish to reveal...and in that case, they are safe from Jesus's prying eyes....but are they REALLY safe from his prying eyes (again, am I supposed to say His?)

Some people might just like to add him to their roster so that they can be like "Look! Jesus is my homie~ I am down with Jesus. Look at me, the devoted and Bible abiding Christian."

That or maybe people just like to add him to their myspace as an accessory to the image of themselves that they so desperately want the faceless masses on this website to see~

Jesus on myspace, for some, becomes one of the novelties listed under the "interests" category on their profile...one of the strategically chosen elements of their existence specifically included on their page, listed among the likes of their other tastes and preferences.

(I like XY and Z...therefore you will see me as a hippie. I like AB and C...therefore you will see me as a wild party person. I like EF and G...therefore you will see me as smart and worldly and traveled...etc. etc.)

Like Barack Obama for me. I have him in my top friends because I think he's the cat's pajamas~ and I want people to know that I support him. In an odd and obvious way, he has become an accessory on my myspace page, along with my other interests.

This is how I see Jesus on the myspace pages of some others (not all of course...for every wack phony there are definitely the tried and true who deserve credit for being genuine!), although I see Jesus in this whole other untouchable category...and the fact that he has a myspace page is interesting to me...
I wonder who is the "man behind the curtain" of this Jesus myspace page business....and how he managed to recruit so many people to add him as friend?
I wonder if people ever send him messages/comments like he is actually Jesus, and what the guy who runs the profile thinks of some of the shit people send him?
I wonder if this guy starts to believe he is actually Jesus? Or that Jesus is working through him, guiding him through answering his messages on myspace.

And then I think of that guy operating Jesus's myspace profile as a complete freak...and there are some freaky people out there.
I wonder why anyone would buy into having a Jesus profile as their friend on myspace. It baffles me.
I am cracking up reading the comments on Jesus's page...not at the people and their messages to Jesus, but the fact that they are sending messages to Jesus on myspace PERIOD.
I think it's funny. The headline of the Jesus profile should read "THE Official myspace page of the son of God."

That would at least make it more "convincing."

:)

Newer Post Older Post Home