Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I Do Not Endorse Mail Order Brides and Bulimia

You know when you go to a website, and there are a slew of Google ads running up and down the side of the page, and then if you should happen to click on one you are taken to a place where the information isn't really relevant and there are only links hosted to other sites or ads to get you to spend money?

That's called Google Adsense.

It's seems like a good idea for people who blog, because with Adsense, you supposedly get paid every time someone clicks on one of the Google ads you post on your blog page. The ads supplied by Google are supposed to be relevant to the subject matter of your blogs and they are "designed" to coincide with your site and visitors' interests, therefore drawing in $$$ revenue for you when readers click on them.

Unfortunately for me, the subject matter of my blogs are all over the radar, with, however, the exception of the fact that I bitch quite a bit and vent about random stuff. This makes it difficult to keep the ads relevant to anything work clicking on, therefore keeping most hope for extra change out of my pockets.

I scrolled down my blog today to investigate what kind of ads Google has been posting for me, and was amused to find ads for mail order brides and links to places to go to cope with hate and finding God. Of course since my blog title has the word CAT in it, there are also links for kitty litter and other feline related things.

I remember awhile back I had posted a letter to Taco Bell one day and the ads had changed to links for Eating Disorders and Coping with Bulimia.

It kind of freaks me out, those Google ads on my page. It makes me want to write some off the wall things to see what kind of ads will pop up next, just to mess with it. Oh how my imagination goes into overdrive just thinking about the possibilities.

Just so you people know, I do not endorse mail order brides or eating disorders, and for future reference, if there are more fucked up ads on my page- BLAME GOOGLE!

I wait for the day that the Internet gets so smart that it can understand metaphors (i.e. the cat metaphor and more effective Google Adsensing), but of course when and if that should happen, computers will be taking over the planet and we will all be goners anyways. So no rush.

On a side note, here is a daily dose of CUTE. This is how I feel when Taylor tries to take the remote control and change the channel when I am watching any one of my programs:

Mad Kitty

Newer Post Older Post Home