Monday, April 21, 2008

Asshole

A long-time friend of mine told me to fuck off today. Actually, I say a "long-time" friend when I should actually give him more credit than that.

He was one of my very best friends. Or was he? I am wondering now if we were ever really best friends in the first place. I am beginning to realize that for all of these years, I might have just been an emotional toilet for him to dump all of his fucked up neurosis in. Friends' issues that were once something you cared about can fast turn into fucked up neurosis when they choose to verbally abuse you and take for granted your patient ear and understanding.

There is only so much that one person can take- and I am not some blow up clown punching bag that can be knocked down over and over again, always coming back with a shit-eating grin on my face, happy and ready to take more.

A real friend wouldn't go out of their way to be a complete dickwad to you in public. Real friends don't yell that they "FUCKING HATE YOU" in public because, BOO HOO, you couldn't make it to an event of theirs.

Friday night at a birthday dinner, in front of a table of 20 or so people, which included someone's father and grandmother, this old friend of mine suddenly threw one of those alcohol-induced temper tantrums that you would expect to see on shows like "Intervention."

Where you can't decide if you are more embarrassed for that person because they are making themselves look like a complete and utter drunken asshole in public, or if you are more embarrassed for yourself to have been the one who brought that complete and utter drunken asshole to the party.

He wants me to fuck off because he is too big of a self-absorbed titty baby to understand, or even FATHOM, that- SURPRISE! The world does not revolve around him and he is not the center of the universe!

Two tears in a bucket. FUCK IT.

Newer Post Older Post Home