Friday, April 25, 2008

Energy

Taylor and I had a very interesting conversation with the in-laws (his mom and step-dad) over cheddar biscuits and fishy things at Red Lobster last night.

Without getting into too much detail, since I really can't summarize our discussion of the infinite universe and human existence, I'll just say I had a small side of epiphany with my Mahi Mahi for dinner.

It's interesting to think that, as important as we humans believe ourselves to be- and how we tend to get so wrapped up in our own existence that we make ourselves the center of the universe- WE ARE NOT IMPORTANT. At all. In the big picture, we are all just individual bundles of energy bouncing off of one another, existing in a plane of "time" and "space" that we create with our own perceptions.

We might not even technically exist, but rather everyone and everything around us only seems to exists because our perceptions tell us that it all does...therefore, we don't actually exist at all until we come into contact with others in some way, shape or form, forcing them to recognize us into existing in their realities, and theirs into ours.

Perhaps the meaning of life is that there is no real purpose or meaning or significant outcome to shoot for. We're all simply existing and surviving, and human beings have created different religions and ideas of "GOD" a higher being to make our existence seem more interesting and meaningful so that we feel as if life has purpose- when it might not really have any at all.

A favorite quote of mine says: "There is an ancient Chinese Proverb out there that says exactly what you need it to." - Chinese Proverb.

We create all of these meaningful aspects of our existence to keep ourselves entertained somehow- all of the soapboxes we choose to stand on, the beliefs and morals that we stick to (or try to stick to most of the time I guess- humans are hypocritical creatures by nature), the personas we take on to project the senses of our being out to others so that we are perceived a certain way...it's all, at the core, just to entertain ourselves while we are here.

That's it. If we are all just energy, then it is possible to just BE without having to make some sort of "meaning of life" production out of our time on this planet. We humans are programmed to be so egotistical and narcissistic that we do whatever we can to convince ourselves that our existence is more important than it really is...even the ones who fight for all of these causes for the greater good...when it comes down to it, it all circles back around to the SELF in some way.

That being said, if we are all just sources of energy, attracting to ourselves the kind of energy that we send out into the infinite nothing, then life seems so much simpler and easy to control. It's not an old man with a beard holding a lightening bolt on a cloud in the sky controlling everything- we control everything in our existence by our own energy, and the world functioning around us is controlled by the combined energy of us all.

The energy we project from our mindsets can make things happen AND prevent things from happening...I think we all have magic genies in our minds that can grant our own wishes.

I think about all of the things I've ever truly wanted in my life- and I'm talking about things that I've wanted in my heart to the point of obsession- and I've gotten it all. I think of the things that I haven't gotten or haven't gotten as quickly as I've wanted it, or have yet to achieve or achieved and lost... and if I really think about my particular mindsets in those situations- those yearnings and desires mixed with subtle to extreme senses of doubt and fear and apprehension- I can see how I might have created my own negative outcomes.

The other stuff- the planning of the images of what I wanted in my mind for years- I lived into and made them tangible. I think this is because I wanted those things with such reckless abandon that I told myself that they were already mine to have, I just hadn't gotten my hands on them yet.

Knowing what you want and truly believing in who you want to be and living in the image of how you want your existence to exist- it's all about just channeling the right energy out into the nothingness to attract the right energy to back to you.

The two sayings, "Setting yourself up for failure" and "If you want it, here it is, come and get it" (thanks Beatles) can all be applied to energy, and to me, believing this makes life seem so much less complicated and stressful.

And now I've suddenly come down with a brain freeze-like headache from thinking so hard on an empty stomach.

Newer Post Older Post Home