Thursday, April 24, 2008

On My Upcoming 10-Year Reunion

After months of protesting the upcoming 10-year anniversary of my graduating high school, I am a bit thrown aback to find that I have yet to receive an invitation to any reunion in the first place.

Apparently invitations are circulating, 45-minutes South in my hometown, and Jenny got one in the mail. She shared with JC and I some of the details of the event, such as Family Picnic Day.

BARF.

The reunion committee alone brings to me thoughts of contemplating slamming my hand in my car door. That seems less painful to me than having to mingle with those kinds of elitist high school jerk offs who embodied all of the retarded high school royalty stereotypes kids are forced to swallow through bad Hollywood cinema (think circa Molly Ringwald and "Pretty in Pink).

How can I boycott something that I am not even invited to? 10 years later and they never cease to irritate me. It's ironic really- and totally typical. But it makes for some fun writing- I must admit.

Perhaps as a senior, when I got suspended during my very last week of high school ever, I was actually expelled from the entire Norman Public School system completely.

Can they do that? If so, SWEET. That's the next best thing to staging a boycott.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't want me there. I mean, my girlfriends and I were outstanding examples of upstanding high school teen dream perfection. (bahahaaaaaa!)

*side note* JC and Jenny being the two remaining girls after 10 years of former "bfs" who dropped like flies over the years. Interesting how that works...time weeds out the, um, weeds???? :) Not just on my part...just to be fair, I'm sure I was also a weed to some of my formers as well.

Soooo. No invite. JC hasn't gotten one yet either. We like to laugh about it- wondering how the invite process works with stuff like that. Do people remember enough about us to figure we wouldn't come anyways? Or did too much bad behavior get us Ix-knayed by default?

Hmmm. Surely crafting a flavorful (I'm not saying tasteful) flier protesting against the Administration for trying to screw the Seniors out of our hard-earned right to raise hell on our final day couldn't possibly constitute a complete black ball situation now, could it?

Curiouser and curiouser...Perhaps it was the cartoon piggy illustrations of our top notch administrators and carefully articulated opinion concerning the matter at hand. I suppose they may not have appreciated the dozens of photocopies posted throughout North or the sidewalk chalk all over the parking lot.

Can't. Control. Pen...or any other tool used for channeling thoughts and opinions running wild in brain.

Seems much hasn't changed. I still wonder who it was who ratted me out. It had to have been a rat. I have a hard time believing that, without the help of some chicken shit informant, the Administration had a real lead to go by to get the hand writing analysis in the first place.

I am wondering also if there was even a hand writing analysis performed at all. Chances are some bitch that didn't like me probably got her rocks off by turning me in, and Principle what's-his-face had to pull some sort of "hard evidence" out of his ass to bust me to the extreme that he did.

Oh well. Sometimes you gotta take one for the team.

Nevertheless, I must express my gratitude to the chicken shit informant and Dr. Quinn, for providing me freebie final grades and a thoroughly enjoyed extended permanent vacation from that cleverly disguised prison! I thought of you fondly as I was floating drunk down the Illinois River with friends during those extra few days of freedom.

All of that authority-flexing on your end and I STILL got to walk at graduation. SUCKERS.

:)

Newer Post Older Post Home