Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dear Skinny Jeans

Dear Skinny Jeans,

I am forcing myself back into your life whether you like it or not. Even though I know that we are both not completely ready for one another yet, I have seen the error of my ways and I am giving you my word that I will do everything in my power to make you want to fit me into your life again.

I hope you forgive me for letting myself go and neglecting what it takes to make it work for us. Our relationship was like a lovely plant that I neglected because I got distracted by trivial things that aren't half as important as having you in my life- like holiday feasting by the metric ton and free for all dark beer consumption with no regards as to how that might have been affecting our relationship.

I put "us" on the back burner, and eventually traded you in for what was easy and more comfortable, rather than face the issues at hand. I got scared. The more clingy and needy you became, the more I wanted to distance myself from you and run away from our problems.

I am hoping that you will help guide and inspire me to be a more motivated person, because since we went our separate ways I just haven't felt like myself. After trying you on today and spending a few hours in you, I realized what all I threw away and what I've been missing. You bring out the best in me and I am the happiest when we are together!

I also realized that in order for us to re-establish our relationship it is going to take some time and effort on my part, but I am confident that I am now in a place to truly appreciate you.

I know it's kind of awkward and uncomfortable right now- OK- it's REALLY awkward and uncomfortable right now- but I don't blame you for resisting me.

Please don't give up on me, Skinny Jeans. I know we can make this work.

Sincerely,

Meika

Newer Post Older Post Home